Here’s my new profile on the Hunter Arts Network website! I am now a committee member as well 🙂
About the Hunter Arts Network
The Hunter Arts Network, better known as HAN, is the peak professional body for the Visual Arts, Craft & Design sectors in the Hunter region.
To represent, promote and develop visual arts, crafts and design with an emphasis on professional practitioners. Our key objectives are:
- Advocate on behalf of members
- Promote communication and collaboration between visual arts, crafts and design groups in the Hunter
- Promote members’ work to established and emerging markets
- Provide professional development, occupational opportunities and educational services to members
- Maintain organisational strength and relevance
- Ensure traditional and contemporary media are represented
Rising from the idea that Newcastle and the Hunter are FULL of creative people producing high quality art, craft and design-based work, Newcastle City Council spent some years facilitating the establishment of HAN to give representation to these people. NCC’s Cultural Development Champion, Stacey Anderson, worked with the community of practitioners to shape the structure and objectives of HAN.
The annual cost for membership is:
- $50 for an individual
- $80 for a gallery, business or community organisation