I’m excited to have my work accepted for the Bush to Beach Exhibition at The Bank Glass Gallery!
The exhibition will run from Thursday 27 April – Saturday 13 May 2017 at 564 Hunter St, Newcastle West.
The Bank Glass Gallery opened in Feb 2016, and is owner operated by Lee Howes a Novacastrian glass artist. Lee and her husband Tim bought the premises and have converted the ground floor into a studio and gallery and an upstairs residence. Lee operates her “Lee Howes Glass” business form her studio and sells glass art and other hunter based artwork from the gallery space.
I’m having a sale before Art Bazaar on 27 November 2016 at Lambton Park to make room for some new paintings! Some of my older paintings have been drastically reduced in price. Check out the savings here – ONLY $10 EACH!! Contact email@example.com
Ocean Blue Gallery’s current End of Year Clearance/Mothers Day exhibition runs until 26 May 2016. The gallery, which opened in November 2015, is open Mon -Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 9am-1pm & is located at 617 Pacific Highway Belmont. Lake Macquarie artist Margo Humphries is one of the local artists with work for sale in the exhibition.
About Margo Humphries:
Margo Humphries is a visual artist who has been based in Lake Macquarie since 2003. Born & raised in Taree, Margo has always enjoyed art, it was her favourite subject in school, and her parents always encouraged her. Painting is something that Margo has always practiced, first as a hobby, then it became more than that when she established her business in 2009.
In 2013 Margo painted an artwork commissioned for the cover of Newcastle University Choir’s first CD, Encore. Since 2012 Margo has exhibited at every Hunter Arts Network’s Art Bazaar, now held every year at Speers Point Park, Closebourne Morpeth & Lambton Park. In 2011 Margo was selected as one of 10 artists for the Mattara Festival’s Inaugural Outdoor Art Exhibition & her “Look up in the Sky Tonight” was draped over Newcastle Panthers.
Margo paints with acrylics, has recently discovered she also likes ink & likes the way these mediums feel when moving them around with a brush. Margo paints objects & scenes that you could easily recognize but she tries to make them more than what she sees, so she abstracts them a little bit. Margo enjoys painting both realistic and abstract works & likes to paint things that catch her eye & subjects which have great colours. It’s very satisfying for Margo when she finishes a work which she really feels good about. What Margo likes about her creative life is that it makes her think & produces ideas, and one idea builds on another idea.
All images of my work are available for Licensing.A licensing request needs to be sent to Viscopy. For Viscopy to be able to issue a licence please supply the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Name of the artist: Margo Humphries
– Title of the work/s: eg “Lansdowne Escarpment”
– Your company/organisation
– Title of the publication/product
– Will you be reproducing the art work in full or will you be using a detail? Cropped or detail uses require Viscopy to seek prior approval from the copyright holder
– Distribution territory – Australia and New Zealand or worldwide? Our licensing generally covers Australia and New Zealand, and worldwide for online uses. Additional territory loadings may apply
– Duration of licence (1 year, 5 years etc)
– Print run of the publication/product
– For books; is it an interior or cover page? Cover pages are charged at a higher rate because of the exposure of the work. If interior, what is the size of the reproduction – full page, quarter page etc?
– Will there also be an e-publication or CD-Rom version of any printed material?
– For online uses: how long will the image(s) be online and the website address? We generally license online uses for one year. What is the context of how the work will be used- on the homepage, promoting a collection, editorial content or advertising use?
– Do you need permission for any other associated uses (eg. for the art work to be used in an advertising campaign)?